Your job is out there. We’ll help you find it!
Are you feeling overwhelmed by all of the different online job boards or discouraged when employers aren’t reaching out? You are not alone!
And if you are reading this now, it means you are taking the first step toward investing in the success of your future. Whether you are a first-time job seeker or an experienced worker, Fleming CREW makes it easy to keep you moving forward.
Whatever your job needs are, you’ve come to the right place!
- Discover your career interests
- Find out what jobs are in demand
- Set a career plan
- Job search support and advice
- Cover letter and resume writing
- Interview practice and tips
- Free employability skills training
- Access to training funds
- Accommodation support
Call us for an in-person or virtual appointment at (705) 457-2020
or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Our Employment Counsellors are labour market experts! They help clients explore their career interests, plan their career, job search, support human resources needs, and more. Reach out to us today at (705) 457-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you feeling stuck? Are you not sure what your job interests are? Are you looking for a new career?
Let our Employment Counsellors help you with a career assessment. At Fleming CREW, we have the tools and resources to help you explore careers, narrow career options, and develop a plan that results in achieving your career goals. Counsellors will help you develop a plan to achieve your career goals.
Let’s talk! Call us at (705) 457-2020 or e-mail email@example.com.
If you are unemployed or underemployed, we will help you find a job that is right for you!
We can serve you in many ways:
- Visit our office Resource Centre to access a computer, the internet and a photocopier to make copies of your cover letter and resume. This will save you money in your job search.
- We will help you write a cover letter and resume that is effective and attractive to employers.
- We will help you prepare for an interview by offering tips and techniques to impress employers.
- We offer valuable employment resources that you can access at your convenience.
- We offer free employability skills workshops to help you gain the skills local employers are looking for. Our workshops will help you improve your skills both personally and professional.
Create a Job Seeker account in the Fleming Employment Hub to access local job postings and be matched to employers.
Lower your job search costs by accessing a computer, the internet and photocopier in our Resource Centre. Everyone is welcome! We are at 49 Maple Ave, above SIRCH bistro.
Visit the Fleming Employment Hub to access job postings, free online skill development courses, employment resources, and a list of community supports available in each of the Muskoka-Kawarthas regions.
Our Fleming Employment Hub includes:
- Job postings
- 4 – 30 minute skill development courses you can take at anytime – day or night
- Employment resources and community supports
- Labour Market Information — find out what jobs are in-demand, find job descriptions and the types of jobs available within different sectors (Download our MKES Labour Market Information User Guide)
- At any time, chat live with an Employment Advisor (Click on the Live Chat icon at bottom right-hand side of the screen)
Workshops can make all the difference!
We offer a wide range of workshops to help you in plan for long-lasting employment. Our workshops allow for the time and focus you need to master to create pathways to a better future, both personally and professionally. View our Employability Skills Workshops or ask us for a complete list of workshops available to you.
Find a rewarding trades career through an apprenticeship program that allows you to learn a trade, develop your skills, and get paid at the same time!
Have you been laid off or need retraining? Funding may be available to cover your tuition, books, and costs of living such as child care, transportation and basic living allowance. To find out if you qualify for Second Career funding, contact us for an assessment and guidance for your next steps.
Canada-Ontario Job Grant
This government grant provides up to $10,000 for employer training initiatives. Training can be provided by colleges, universities, private trainers and other training centres. We can work with your current employer to bring opportunities to your workplace.
SkillsAdvance Ontario Funded Career Training
This sector-focused training program offers a wide range of professional training and certification options that will help you find work in an industry that is in need of workers. Consider a career in:
- Health and Wellness
Are you new to the area? We can help you:
- Understand the Haliburton labour market
- Provide tips about the workplace culture in Canada
- Offer employability skills workshops
- Help you find and retain work
We work to change attitudes and build awareness in a way that empowers employers to build inclusive and diverse workforces. If you identify as an Indigenous person, Black Canadian or are non-Caucasian in race, let us support your employment journey with a variety of resources that can help you. Contact us today for a life-changing experience.
Together with specialized consultants, we will help you develop a career or job search plan and work with employers to accommodate your unique needs.
We don’t stop there! We will support your employment journey through your first year of work.
Find a meaningful job that you want to keep ¾ we offer incentive programs that will help you to maintain employment and provide you with all the support you need in your first year of work.
The Government of Canada and Government of Ontario provide job seekers with amazing opportunities to advance their skills and train in careers that are in high demand of workers – all free! Training may include workshops, courses, certificate programs, and apprenticeships. There is also a financial incentive program that can motivate you to retain your job.
Ask us what programs are currently available that might be right for you!
- Haliburton Business Updates: COVID-19
- Human Services and Ontario Works in Kawartha Lakes/Haliburton: Modified Services
The Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario have taken significant and decisive action to help Canadians facing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. Learn more about financial support:
- Income support for individuals
- Emergency COVID-19 financial assistance – online applications
- Agriculture and Food Jobs Portal
- Covid-19: Mental health, financial, and other supports
Mental Health Resources
Good2Talk: Free, confidential mental health support service providing professional counselling and information and referrals for mental health, addictions and well-being to post-secondary students in Ontario, 24/7/365.
BounceBack Ontario (CMHA): Feeling low, stressed or anxious? Check out BounceBack Ontario, a free skill-building program delivered online or over the phone with a coach.
Mental Health Works: Free webinar series on workplace mental health amid COVID-19.
Big White Wall: An online peer-to-peer support community for your mental health. Anonymous, available 24/7 with trained mental health practitioners to promote community safety.
ConnexOntario: 24/7 free and confidential service providing information for people experiencing difficulty with alcohol and drugs, mental illness, and/or gambling.
211 Ontario: How to access help during COVID-19. 211 Ontario is your primary source of information on government and community-based social services.
Muskoka-Kawarthas Employment Services – Helping you make informed decisions about career pathways, employment, education, training, business, and economic development. www.flemingemploymenthub.ca
Labour Market Information User Guide – Find out what information is important for your career decisions and where to easily find it. View online or download our User Guide
Workforce Development Board – Find out what jobs and sectors are in demand for the Haliburton area. www.wdb.ca
Career Planning and Job Search Assistance
Service Canada Career Quizzes – FREE sign up to get access to:
- Abilities Quiz
- Data, People, Things Orientation
- Work Preference
- Multiple Intelligence
- Learning Style Quiz
- Work Values Quiz
Want to learn more about your personality type?
This is a fun and informative introduction! Discuss your results with one of our employment consultants to get in-depth information about how your personality matches with the careers you are interested in.
What are your work preferences?
This Holland’s Code based quiz helps you to identify your career personality and provides a list of occupations that best suit your preferences. You can also try this brief, picture-based version.
How do you work on a team?
Try this team roles test to find out what role you prefer at work. Great for interview preparation!
Want to prepare for the hiring selection process?
Get practice taking a pre-employment, DISC based assessment, often used by employers to determine employment and team “fit.”
Want to start your own business?
Test your motivation, aptitudes and attitudes for self-employment with this Entrepreneurial Type quiz.
Wondering how your skills match up?
Aptitude-test.com has over 20 free tests covering general, verbal, numerical and non-verbal skills.
Do you want to be your own boss?
An Employment Consultant at Fleming CREW can help you decide if this is the right career path. We encourage you to begin investigating on your own by using the business development links below.
- Self Employment Resource Guide
- Peterborough Economic Development – Business Start Up
- Community Futures Peterborough
- Ontario Government Small Business Support
- Greater Peterborough Innovation Cluster
Build or Refresh Your Computer Skills
Virtual Document Storage:
- iCloud for Registered Users of Apple Products
- OneDrive for Microsoft Users
- Dropbox for document storage and sharing files
- Evernote for document storage and saving favourites
- Box virtual document sharing for storage
Trent University Indigenous Studies Department
(First People’s House of Learning) Enweying Building – Peter Gzowski
1600 West Bank Dr.
Peterborough, ON K9J 7B8
(705)748-1011 ext. 7466
Fleming College Indigenous Services
599 Brealey Dr.
Peterborough, ON K9J 7B1
Fleming Indigenous Services
Please contact us for a list of Indigenous employment resources that extend to all areas of the Muskoka-Kawarthas economic region.
To apply for Employment Insurance (EI), visit Service Canada or call 1-800-206-7218.
- Public Holidays
- Service Canada Employment Standards
- Your Guide to the Employment Standards Act
- Employment Standards – What You Need to Know poster
- Ontario Ministry of Labour
- Payment of Wages
- Ontario Minimum Wages
- Termination of Employment: Employers’ Rights and Responsibilities
- Ministry of Labour: What Businesses Need to Know