Haliburton employers, we’re here to help you!
Let’s work together to build a strong economic future for our community.
As employment experts in Haliburton, we know the local job market, hiring needs, job-related education and training, and know where to find incentives programs and funding opportunities for your workplace.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Job postings and employee/employer matching
- Hiring and on-boarding processes
- Employee retention techniques
- Employee skill development
- Accessible workspaces
- Building a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Incentive programs
- Funded training programs for your employees
Employment Support and Resources
Fleming CREW uses the all-new Fleming Employment Hub to promote job opportunities to the Haliburton community and when employers want to access larger number of qualified prospective candidates.
How to Post a Job in the Hub (It’s easy and it’s free!)
- Set up a free Employer Account
- Post your job
Our Employment Advisors are online to help you every step of the way. Click on the ‘Live Chat’ button at the bottom corner of our website.
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to provide our valued employers with the most valid and up-to-date resources for economic support and stimulus.
- Haliburton Highlands Chamber of Commerce COVID Resource Page
- Haliburton County Development Corporation (HCDC): Resources and Information for COVID-19 Impact
- Emergency Loan Program for COVID-19: Haliburton County Development Corporation
No HR Department? No problem! At Fleming CREW, we offer you the next best thing to an HR department.
When piles of resumes become too much to handle, our Employment Counsellors can help you with the initial screening process. It’s a simple as giving us the criteria you would use and we can create a short list for you.
If your business does not office space or an ideal location to host interviews, we can offer you a conveniently located and fully equipped office with lots of free parking. All at no-cost!
We understand that hiring for several positions at once can be costly and time consuming. Let us host a Job Fair for you. Job Fairs provide an excellent opportunity to easily meet and screen candidates, in-person or virtually.
Support After the Hire
Make your new hire a lasting investment when you access our employee retention information and resources.
Ask us about current incentives programs that may be available to help you hire, train, and retain employees. We can often provide incentives to help reduce your costs associated with:
- New employee training
- Lower productivity levels when a new employee is in their training phase
- Lower productivity levels from workers who are training your new employee
- Training equipment and supply costs
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant is a partnership between the federal and provincial governments to fund employer-driven training initiatives. The grant provides direct financial support for private sector and not-for-profit employers to purchase employee training up to a maximum of $10,000 per employee!
Employers that are willing to hire and train unemployed individuals to fill their job vacancies can also access this fund. Investing in employee development is a great way to advance your business while motivating and retaining your employees.
Ask us about funding opportunities that your business might qualify for including the SkillsAdvance Ontario fund.
The Fleming Employment Hub offers employer courses that help strengthen workforces, improve hiring processes, and more. Courses range from 4 to 60 minutes in length. Click here to view our employer training library.
Learn about the laws and framework for making your workplace more accessible.
Fleming CREW, has strong relationships with community partners that help small businesses and entrepreneurs with their business needs. Reach out to one of our amazing community partners!
- Haliburton County Development Corporation
- Free Advice for Small Business Owners – Ministry of Labour
- Peterborough Business Advisory Centre – business start up information and support
- Peterborough Community Futures Development Corporation – funding and support
- Government Services for Entrepreneurs
- Industry Canada
- Business Insurance
Employers have a responsibility to provide safe work environments. Here are some excellent employer resources that can help you maintain a safe and healthy workplace. Reach out to us if you need assistance.
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- WSIB for Small Business
- Ontario Health & Safety Act (OHSA)
- Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers and Supervisors
- Downloadable “Prevention Starts Here” Poster
- Workplace Health & Safety Resources
As an employer, it is important to understand your employer rights and responsibilities. The following links are the most reliable sources for information about employment standards in Ontario.
- Service Canada
- Federal Labour Standards and Equity
- Ontario Ministry of Labour
- Employment Standards
- Employment Standards Poster
- What Businesses Need to Know
- Payment of Wages
- Ontario Minimum Wages
- Termination of Employment Responsibilities
- Public Holidays
Employers are responsible for ensuring workplaces are free of discrimination and harassment. We can help!