Youth Job Link
The Youth Job Link program provides youth, including students, between the ages of 15 and 29 with access to employment & career resources and information.
Program Supports Include:
- Career exploration workshops to increase knowledge of career options and the labour market.
- Career management workshops to provide youth with personal management & life, work decision making skills to foresee, anticipate and adapt to labour market change.
- Job search and readiness workshops to provide youth with the skills to
conduct an independent job search and with on-the-job skills to effectively integrate the workforce.
- Job matching to connect youth with employment opportunities, including summer jobs.Financial incentives are only available for youth participating in the Job Matching component. To be eligible for incentives and supports, youth must:
- be 15-29;
- be an Ontario resident;
- eligible to work in Ontario; and,
- have no previous work experience.For more information about this program please call us directly at 705-775-2739 (PTBO) or 705-457-2020 (HAL) or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume and Cover Letter Writing – Necessary tools in a competitive job market, we can show you how to prepare a winning application package with tailored documents that will get the employers attention.
Ace the Interview – Worried about how that interview is going to go? Learn some skills, tips and practice responding to common questions. These strategies will help you build confidence and ace your interview!
Finding Your Fit – Incorporate your personality and interests into your job search! This workshop encourages you to think about future career and employment paths that will align with your interests and skills sets.
Labour Market Mayhem! – Ever wondered where the jobs are and what’s going on with the employers in your community? Our labour market workshops encourage inquiring minds through web research to the opportunities in their local labour market.
Hidden Job Market – The job is out there, but how do you find it? Learn how to use social media, networking, and employer contacts to unearth that perfect job opportunity.
Digital Footprints – Dig up your digital dirt on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, and Snapchat to uncover the footprints you leave behind. In this workshop, you will learn how to manage your privacy settings and optimize the power of your social networking.
Survive and Thrive – Work and school can be hard! Learn some important skills that will help you succeed such as communication, conflict resolution, workplace expectations, and how to work with all generations.
Health and Safety – Want to add value to your resume? Grab employer’s attention with WHMIS certification and workplace safety training through the Ontario Ministry of Labour.
If you would like to attend a workshop, please contact us for the most current offerings.
Youth Job Connection
Youth Job Connection is designed to help youth facing barriers to employment build better futures through life/job skills training. The program offers paid pre-employment training, job opportunities and mentorship to youth. Young people aged 15 to 29 who are not working, in school, or in training will benefit from this program.
The program also offers financial incentives to encourage employers to provide placements and to offset their expenses during the placement.
A summer component of Youth Job Connection, launching in spring 2016, will provide summer, part-time and after-school job opportunities to high school students aged 15 to 18 who are facing challenging life circumstances and may need support transitioning between school and work.
Locally the Youth Job Connection program will be offered by Employment Planning and Counselling. If you would like to see if you are a fit with Youth Job Connection or for a referral to the program please call us directly at 705-775-2739 or contact us via email at email@example.com